Checking in with some updates to my 2010 sewing resolutions. I've made a few dresses for my daughter, and will be starting on her fall (school) wardrobe in earnest when I get back from vacation next week.
So, here's a recap of my goals along with a commentary on where I stand:
- Organize my sewing space - and keep it that way!
- Sew every day, even if it's only for a few minutes
- Make muslins more often
- Finish at least one garment per month
- Spend less time READING/BLOGGING about sewing/knitting, and more time sewing/knitting
- Figure out some way to make money sewing, or teaching sewing - and DO IT!
- Sew more clothes for my daughter
- Stop buying mass-produced crap clothing (including thrift store stuff that doesn't fit well); buy local/handmade products whenever possible
- Make myself a great fitting:
- woven blouse
- winter coat
- pair of jeans
- Work on improving my skills and learn how to:
- insert an invisible zipper
- sew on Slinky knit so it doesn't look like crap
- use some of the tools/notions I haven't used much (or at all)
- make great buttonholes
Well, it looks like I'm still a total slack-ass in the sewing department. At least I'm consistent. :-)