Well, I haven't actually started cutting out a third muslin yet. I'm hoping to work on this some more tomorrow afternoon (maybe I should make that this afternoon, as it's almost midnight here). I think I'm going to go back to the original pattern and draft from that one, making the changes that I know are working (moving the shoulder seam back, raising the fisheye darts, petite-ing the upper bodice, lengthening the sleeve), and re-doing the ones I'm not so sure about (splitting the fisheye dart into two darts on each front piece rather than one huge one, scooping out the back armhole, not to mention the bust dart - not only does it need to be shortened, I think it still needs an FBA...arghh!).
I do know that I am going back to a MUSLIN, rather than sacrificing any more fabric I might actually want to have as a shirt someday. The busy print of the fabric I was using for attempt #2 made it really difficult to see what was fitting and what wasn't.
And I know I said I was going to post pictures. I did take them, but haven't downloaded them to my computer yet. Tomorrow. I promise.
Susan Khaljie and Dior in Australia! - I've just spent an amazing weekend in Melbourne with a big group of like minded sewers seeing the House of Dior exhibition at the National Gallery of Vic...
2 hours ago